on: „Agribusiness facing the coronavirus crisis – international academic debate”
May 8, 2020 (Friday) at 1:00 p.m.
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at Poznań University of Life Sciences invite to join the debate on: Agribusiness facing the coronavirus crisis. The debate will focus on the influence/effects of the COVID-19 virus epidemic on the current and future situation of agriculture, agribusiness and rural areas.
Our expert panelists are:
- Prof. Thomas Herzfeld, Director in Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), Germany
- Assoc. Prof. dr Andreea Muntean and Assoc. Prof. dr Silvia Maican, "1 Decembrie 1918" University of Alba Iulia, Romania
- dr Jolanta Droždz, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Prof. dr Felix Arion, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Prof. Dragan Calovic and prof. Aleksandra Tosovic-Stevanovic, Faculty of Contemporary Arts / Megatrend University in Belgrade, Serbia
- dr Omid Zamani, Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute, Germany
- dr Milena Zuza, Megatrend University in Belgrade, Serbia
- Prof. dr hab. Alexandru Stratan, National Institute for Economic Research, Republic of Moldova
- dr Pavel Kotyza, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Czech Republic
- Assoc. Prof. dr hab. Sebastian Stępień, Poznań University of Economics and Business and
- Assoc. Prof. dr hab. Wawrzyniec Czubak, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Poland
Moderator: Wawrzyniec Czubak
The attempt of the meeting is to define the current situation and potential future consequences of the coronavirus epidemic for the agricultural sector and its economic and social environment. Currently, the whole world is struggling with an unexpected crisis caused by a pandemic. The effects, although already visible, will only become apparent in the future. The agricultural sector, and its agribusiness links, is not isolated and will be affected by the consequences of the pandemic as a coherent element of economic and social life. Therefore, the aim of the debate is to discuss the problem of the agribusiness situation facing the coronavirus epidemic, to exchange and confront opinions, views and experiences, and to create a forum for the knowledge and ideas exchange.
The panel framework:
- Welcome words and introduction to the debate
- Experts’ speech - the invited guests will present the opinion (about 5-7 minutes each)
- Experts' debate - discussion between panellists
- open discussion with participants of the meeting
The debate is addressed to scientists and university stuff, students, public and private advisory institutions and others interested in the topic. The discussion panel will be open and free of charge.
Prof. PULS dr hab. Wawrzyniec Czubak