Information for Candidates submitting recruitment documents to the PULS Doctoral School:
• documents should be submitted online only in the recruitment system (signed scans) within a time specified in the Notice of recruitment
• files should be attached according to the list of required documents (see below). If a document consists of more than one page it should be attached as one file;
• files should be named as follows, with the candidate name:
o 1. application and personal questionnaire – John Smith
o 2. CV – John Smith
o 3. photograph – John Smith
o 4. diploma and transcripts – John Smith
o 5. opinion of master thesis – John Smith
o 6. medical certificate – John Smith
o 7. description and documentation of scientific activities – John Smith
o 8. research proposal – John Smith
o 9. application for appointment of supervisor – John Smith
o 10. declaration of the candidate for supervisor – John Smith
o 11. medical certificate on disability – John Smith
o 12. application for accommodation – John Smith
• if the data in the system should be updated and their edition is blocked (applies to some PULS graduates), please send the relevant data to IT (email@example.com) with a request to update it;
• after submitting the documents in the system, please wait for their approval (if the document is inappropriate or with errors, it should be changed) - only candidates who have submitted all the appropriately compiled documents within the deadline will be admitted to the recruitment procedure;
• the photo must comply with the guidelines contained below;
• in the absence of a copy of the diploma, you can provide a certificate from the dean's office on obtaining a professional title;
• research proposal - number of characters without spaces 6000 – not including the literature;
• referral for medical examination can be obtained in PULS Doctoral School office (you need to give your name, surname, PESEL or ID number and discipline); there is an option to do the medical examination free of charge in one the places listed here (in Poland);
• at the oral English exam in will be assessed: content of the message, language correctness, language richness, pronunciation and intonation;
• Candidates admitted to the recruitment procedure will be informed by e-mail about the date, time and place/form of an oral exam in English and an interview - in principle, the recruitment takes place at the University (Poland, Poznań, Wojska Polskiego 28), the remote form is allowed only in strictly justified cases (especially for candidates residing abroad);
• the conditions for conducting an oral English examination and an interview during recruitment to the School will be adapted to the needs of candidates who are disabled, after considering their applications in this matter submitted together with other documents;
• upon the completion of the recruitment procedure a ranking list of candidates will be prepared based on the number of points received in the recruitment procedure. Candidates may be enrolled at the School if they have received min. 60% total score. Admission to the School depends on the position of the candidate on the ranking list for the respective discipline within the limit of admissions or if they have received min. 60% total score in the case of people recruited under the projects;
• templates of some documents can be found in the part 'documents'.
Requirements for photo (dimensions 0f 236x295 pixels): a photo taken on a uniform light background, with uniform lighting, having good sharpness and reproducing the natural skin color, covering the image from the top of the head to the upper shoulders, so that the face covers 70-80% of the photograph, showing the eyes clearly, especially pupils, with visible eyebrows and depicting a person in a frontal position, maintaining vertical symmetry, without a headgear and glasses with dark glasses (clear glasses are allowed if the eyes are clearly visible and the glasses do not reflect light), looking straight ahead with open eyes with uncovered hair, with a natural expression on his face and closed mouth.
Poznań University of Life Sciences Doctoral School
Collegium Maximum, Main Hall
Wojska Polskiego 28, 60-637 Poznań, Poland
tel. +48618487792; +48618466195;
Limits of admissions and a detailed calendar (Notice of Recruitment) are annually announced by the Director of the School on the University website under the tab “Doctoral School” by the end of March 2023 in the year, for which the recruitment is announced.
2. ADDITIONAL RECRUITMENT TO THE PROJECT OPUS-LAP - Dr Marcin Tobółka (discipline Biological Sciences) - deadline 22/01/2024
The recruitment committee conducts the complementary and additional recruitment procedure for academic year 2023/2024 following the schedule given below:
Submission of documents by candidates
|from 21 to 31 of August 2023
Verification of documents and admission of candidates to the recruitment procedure
until 4 of September 2023
Oral English examination and admission of candidates to the further admission process
6 or 7 of September 2023
starting from 9.00
Interview in Polish or English together with the score point assessment
6 or 7 of September 2023
starting from 9.30
Announcement of recruitment results in the form of a ranking list, indicating candidates enrolled to the 1st year, on the website of the Poznań University of Life Sciences under the tab "Doctoral School"
by 15 of September 2023
Completion of additional recruitment procedure
by 30 September 2023
- The Rector may decide on additional recruitment at the request of the Director of the School. The recruitment procedure needs to be completed by 30 September of the academic year, for which the recruitment was announced.
- An additional recruitment is held in order to realise a research project, within which funds have been allocated towards payment of a PhD scholarship mentioned in the Act, planned for a period of minimum of 36 months, and in order to execute programmes announced by the Minister of Science and Higher Education.
- Additional recruitment may be held at any time during a given academic year and its date is specified by the Director of the School in coordination with the head of the research project.
- Upon the completion of the recruitment procedure a ranking list of candidates will be prepared based on the number of points received in the recruitment procedure. Admission to the School depends on the position of the candidate on the ranking list for the respective discipline within the limit of admissions
- Recruitment results will be posted on the School website
- Admission to the School is executed by enrolment of the PhD students by the Director of the School
- Refusal of admission to the School is based on an administrative decision issued by the Director of the School, based on the power of attorney granted by the Rector. The candidate has the right to appeal from the administrative decision on the refusal of admission and request its reconsideration
Limits of admissions and a detailed calendar (Notice of Recruitment) are annually announced by the Director of the School on the University website under the tab “Doctoral School” by the end of March in the year, for which the recruitment is announced.
Limits of admissions in individual disciplines are dependent particularly on the available funding for research related to the planned doctoral dissertation of the PhD student and the PhD degree conferral procedure as well as a sufficient number of teaching hours as the required teaching load for the placement of the PhD student at the organisational unit, in which the PhD dissertation will be prepared within the selected discipline.
In the academic year 2023/2024 recruitment will be conducted within the following disciplines:
agriculture and horticulture
food technology and nutrition
animal science and aquculture
environmental eng., mining eng. and power eng.
economics and finance
- Recruitment for the 1st year of the School will be conducted annually within the disciplines and the limits of admissions specified by the Rector, as agreed with the respective Deans.
- The recruitment procedure to the School is executed by the Recruitment Committee, with the Director of the Doctoral School as its Chairman. In addition to the Director the recruitment committee for a given discipline includes a Chairman and two members of a Commettee of the Discipline and a representative of the PULS Self-government of PhD Students participating in meetings of the recruitment committee in an advisory role.
- Candidates for admission to the Doctoral School of the Poznań University of Life Sciences need to be holders of a Master's degree [magister], a Master's degree following the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree [magister inżynier] or equivalent, or be a person specified in art. 186(2) of the Act confirmed by a respective diploma and meet the recruitment conditions specified in this Resolution.
- Foreigners may enroll at the School when they have qualifications specified in Article 1(1) or a diploma or another document confirming their graduation from a university abroad, considered, in accordance with the regulations concerning validation of diplomas confirming the completion of higher education studies obtained abroad or on the basis of an international agreement, as equivalent to a respective Polish diploma confirming the completion of second-cycle (graduate) studies or long-term Master’s degree studies.
- Foreigners may enroll and be educated at the School based on stipulations of art. 323-327 of the Act.
- Candidates for enrolment at the School may not be PhD students in another doctoral school.
- The recruitment procedure is free of charge.
- Recruitment to the School Recruitment to the School is based on a competition, which results are public.
- Recruitment to the School takes place in two stages:
- an oral English examination
- an interview
The English examination in the recruitment process is conducted by a language instructor appointed by the Director of the School. There will be assessed: content of the message, language correctness, language richness, pronunciation and intonation. Failure to pass the language examination excludes the candidate from further recruitment process.
- The score is awarded on the basis of:
- presented documents
- an interview
- an application for admission to the School together with the personal data form, template
- a CV,
- 2 photographs,
- a copy of a university graduation diploma together with the diploma supplement or a document specified in Article 1(2) of this Resolution; in the case of individuals specified in Article 186(2) of the Act it is a copy of a university graduation diploma for first-cycle studies,
- an opinion of their Master’s thesis dissertation supervisor (if the studies were completed based on a Master’s thesis) or an opinion of the scientific supervisor in the case of individuals specified in Article 186(2) of the Act,
- a medical examination certificate, stating a lack of objections to undertake studies at the School within a given discipline, template
- a description and documentation of scientific activity – maximum 3 accomplishments indicated by the candidate or a certificate of work experience
- a description of the research concept and plans, which will be realized within the prospective PhD dissertation (max. 6000 characters), template
- an application for the appointment of a scientific supervisor or supervisors, or a scientific supervisor and an auxiliary supervisor, template
- a declaration by the candidate supervisor, confirmed by the head of the respective unit, on allocation of funds for the execution of the PhD research, template
- a medical certificate on disability - if applicable
- an application for accommodation at the student hall of residence - if applicable template
Only candidates who have submitted on time all the documents specified in the Notice of recruitment will be admitted to participate in the recruitment procedure.
The recruitment procedure to the School is executed by the Recruitment Committee, with the Director of the Doctoral School as its Chairman. In addition to the Director the recruitment committee for a given discipline includes a Chairman and two members of a Commettee of the Discipline and a representative of the PULS Self-government of PhD Students participating in meetings of the recruitment committee in an advisory role.
Detailed information about the program can be found in the IMPLEMENTATION DOCTORATE PROGRAMME tab